World Ozone Day 2022: Ozone Day Quotes, Slogans Ozone Day Theme 2022
Ozone is a form of oxygen. It is present in rare amounts in the earth’s atmosphere. Almost one out of every two billion present in the earth’s atmosphere is ozone.
In the Troposphere ozone is generated in small amounts. But in the stratosphere at an altitudes of 20–50km ozone is produced in significant amounts. In the stratosphere ozone is produced by the action of high energy radiation striking some molecules of ozone and converting them into ozone. But ozone decreases with sunlight acting on a number of pollutants in air. These pollutants are emitted by jet aircraft, automobiles and air conditioners. The Ozone layer is the lower layer of the stratosphere in which ozone gas is found. The Ozone layer in the upper atmosphere is protective i.e it absorbs the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
The Ozone layer protects the earth and its biosphere from the extra heat. But there is a danger of its depletion through a number of pollutants and an increase in the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
What are the best ways to stop ozone depletion?
“Thirty-two years ago, the international community signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer. This agreement regulated the consumption and production of ozone-depleting compounds. Atmospheric levels of man-made ozone depleting substances increased up to the year 2000. Since then, they have slowly declined but remain high enough to produce significant ozone loss. The ozone hole over Antarctica is expected to gradually become less severe as chlorofluorocarbons— banned chlorine-containing synthetic compounds that were once frequently used as coolants—continue to decline. Scientists expect the Antarctic ozone to recover back to the 1980 level around 2070.”
This is a quote from NASA, but it is probably the best answer I could give. Here is the full article.
- Everything You Should Know About AI ( Artificial Intelligence ). Step By Step Guide
- Everything You Should Know About Stock Market | Step By Step Guide
- Happy New Year 2023 Wishes, Rangoli Designs, Whatsapp Status, images, Quotes, Photos Pics, Songs
- Narendra Modi Mother Death Reason, Last Words Of Modi’s Mother.
Why is the ozone layer important?
The ozone layer filters out The UV-C radiation coming from the Sun. UV-C radiation is used to sterilize equipment because it kills microbes. The amount of UV-C radiation coming from the Sun prevented life from crawling out of the sea to colonize the land. Life could thrive in the ocean water also blocks UV-C radiation.
What would happen to the Earth if the ozone layer were destroyed?
A slow and excruciating death of radiation.
Our ozone layer serves the principal function of filtering out the harmful UV rays radiating from the Sun that would otherwise mutate and deteriorate almost all biological processes on Earth. We live in an extremely symbiotic world and since there will be innumerable butterfly effects, it may be better to divide this into steps.
In plants, UV-B generally reduces size, productivity and quality through impairing photosynthesis (let’s remember that forests alone are estimated to cover approx. 30% of Earth’s surface) – their rapid deterioration would begin immediately.
In regards to humans and animals – even with our ozone layer, we can’t stare at the Sun for more than 60 seconds without risking blindness – with a 100% decrease of ozone, blindess could also set in immediately. Also, remember that human skin can burn and begin to boil after even less than a day of being in the Sun – imagine if our ozone layer was to be fully removed.
The conscious world would be thrusted into a darkness and screaming frenzy as the agony of their obliterated cataracs is overtaken by that of their skin blistering and scorching to ash.
Within days, our world would be entirely different. The majority of surface-dwelling animal and plant life would either cook, melt or shrink away. Any humans remaining on the surface would find themselves quickly soccombing to cancer or deterioration of their organs (The United Nations Environment Program estimates that a sustained 1 percent depletion of ozone will ultimately lead to a 2-3 percent increase in the incidence of non-melanoma skin cancer).
Any sub-surface humans that have managed to escape the effects of radiation might be able to survive with an abundance of non-perishable food, however as aforementioned, ALL vegetation and crops would be decimated, taking sustainability off the table.
In the long term, our atmospheric chemical composition would begin to change dramatically. Eco-systems making vital part of biogeochemical cycles that make the world as we know it would have collapsed, having major effects on carbon and energy cycles throughout Earth.
The decimation of plant life would radically reduce the atmospheric concentration of oxygen and greatly increase that of carbon (Approx. 45% of land-stored carbon is in forests). Also note that phytoplankton storing huge amounts of carbon in the ocean would be greatly reduced in population, further increasing atmospheric carbon concentration.
Our atmosphere would flip, chemically speaking, from a heavy concentration of oxygen to CO2.
Perhaps eventually we could see life re-emerging slowly as traits such as reduced oxygen-concentration requirements and increased cellular resistance to UV radiation evolve via natural selection and mutation in both plants and animals. Life could still thrive – but its distinctly “Earthly” character would never be the same. Earth would never be the same – at least not for millions of years.
Ozone Layer Quotes to share
- “On the occasion of World Ozone Day, let us save ozone to give our generations the protection we were born with.”
- “Protect the ozone today or tomorrow you may be in dismay.”
- “Go green, go genius, stamp the carbon, stand tall, and stitch the ozone layer.”
- “Let’s take an oath to protect the ozone layer and save life on earth this World Ozone Day!”
- “Earth without the ozone layer is like a house without a roof; Save the Ozone layer.”
- “Every one of the all-inclusive community should guarantee to use simply regular things and cleave down the utilisation of the ozone layer”
- Wishing you a very Happy World Ozone Day and also reminding you that we all need ozone for our survival and therefore, we all must protect it”
Ozone Layer Slogans to share
- Save ozone, save earth
- Ozone Layer Destroyed = There is no clear Skies
- Ozone today, Oxygen tomorrow
- Deal today with Ozone for a Better tomorrow
- Earth without ozone is like a house without roof
- Preserve our Ozone layer
- Life depletes when Ozone Depletes… So to save life save Ozone.
- You dont have to be a mayor to help protect the ozone layer.
- Reduce depletion of ozone, otherwise you will be in the Redzone.
- As umbrella protects us from rain, ozone protects the earth from the sun.
- Go green, go genius, stamp the carbon, stand tall, and stitch the ozone layer.
- Ozone is like a “MOTHER” of EARTH….who protect her child from harmful radiations. Our Mother. World Ozone Day